Thursday, September 20, 2012

Answers. Changing Plans. Saving Money.

Well, it seems I have hit another bump in the road.


Dr. Matsen's office called me today and he didn't give me a straight up "No" but that's what it feels like. He told his medical crew to let me know he would see me but he would not be able to schedule me for the all in one visit I was hoping for...which I kinda knew was coming. Instead, I have to spend money to fly up two separate times to see him. The lovely lady on the phone also told me that if he thought he couldn't help me then he would have just said no, so there is some hope that something can be done...whether I'll like the outcome or that my arm will be fully functional again, I don't know.

Right now, Brian and I are scheduled to land in Seattle, Washington Oct, 16, 2012 at 6:10pm, stay the night at the Inn at Queen Anne (which I got a screaming deal on), see Dr. Matsen and his team Oct 17, 2012 at 9:20am and then land back in Vegas that night at 6:30pm. A lovely 24 hour medical trip to Seattle!

Since, my one stop shop option has been revoked, we as a family decided to move the consultation back a few days. My original date was October 1st, but since he won't be doing surgery all in one visit I can't afford $799.20 in plane tickets for just 1 day. So I wait a month.

I wanted to also thank everyone that has help spread the word and pitch in donation ideas as well as the donations that have already come through. I was able to buy half of my plane ticket from what people have already given. I have everyone's address so I plan on sending personal thank you cards to each one of you! It really means a lot!

Ill keep everyone updated if any other news comes about...here are some pictures of what our trip will look like in exactly....26 days!


inn-exterior-10.JPG
 picture-012.jpg
 

For a total of  1,123 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment