Friday, September 14, 2012

More Feelings! Feelings, Feelings, Feelings!

When I was younger I saw many different surgeons who said they could help but were flabbergasted about the findings they saw when I actually came into my appointment. Some doctors were kind and said I can't help you but let me send you to a colleague..others, called me a circus freak, collected my money, and sent me on my way.

I guess I never really knew the extent of how rude some of them could be because I was young but now that my symptoms have arisen as an adult and I go to the majority of my appointments alone..some doctors are utter ASSHOLES!

Today, for example, I was referred to a doctor here in town by a friend. The doctor said he had done the scapula surgery before, great, Ill take a shot and go see him. I didn't have any expectations thinking he would be able to help but I did not expect to be treated like a mannequin and basically called in liar in so many words.

I informed him before he started examining me that it was very painful to move my arm and it snapped the moment my arm was lifted or put down, even if I was relaxed..IT. STILL. SNAPS. Without any hesitation he very roughly raised my arm into the air and sent me into a tizzy! Of course, I started to whimper and tear up because of the pain but when he turned and looked at me and said, "Why are you doing that? Stop it!". I knew he was not the doctor for me. He went on to say some mumble jumble about wanting to talk to my doctor in Seattle..blah blah blah! I'll stick with the best, thanks! I called their office and politely told them there was no need to request medical records because I would not be using this surgeon...I wouldn't even let my worst enemy be operated on by him and that's saying something right there!


As a nurse and actively in the medical field it disgusts me when someone has no consideration or bedside manner with patients! Your intelligence isn't attractive, patients like doctors not only for their ability to fix them but their ability to speak to a patient with understanding.

This doctor sits right up there for taking the number 1 spot for "Don't see this doctor" with the doc that called me a circus act and the one that messed me up in the first place.



I appreciate the referrals from all my caring friends but I've decided that I'm going to stick with my Seattle doctor, Dr. Matsen, and just find a way to raise the $2000.00 to get there for the surgery that I know works.


No comments:

Post a Comment