Monday, September 17, 2012

The Waiting Game

Friday, I sent off all my recent medical information to Washington. A CD of images from my 2 MRIs and CT scan, a total of $47.14. Tack that on to my running total please...

Waiting to hear back from Dr. Matsen is probably the most stressful part. I do not want that phone call saying he can't help me...I couldn't handle that news. I want him to inform his nurse to call me and say the have a new innovative surgery to fix my scapula and they can't wait for me to arrive, a fix that I'm going to be able to live with for life. Cross my fingers, that's how it goes.

On top of all the waiting I've been doing this weekend, I think I did a little more extracurricular activities than my shoulder had planned. I spent majority of Saturday out and about and getting ready, I had purchased tickets to a play here in town back in April, not realizing I would get hurt, but I wasn't about to miss it either. I also attended a baby shower that day. In the end I think it was the driving and sitting in bad positions that got me. I spent alllllll of Sunday night on the couch "sleeping" which really consisted of me awake all night in pain listening to Sons of Anarchy episodes. I had no other choice but to take more pain medicine than normal which left me unavailable the entire day. 

This is a picture my mother captured of me at 3:30am, looks comfortable huh!? 

Someone had posted on Facebook, Boppy, not just for nursing moms...and ain't that the truth.

Hopefully, I have an answer from Washington within a few days. My Las Vegas physician, Dr. Manning, put in for a STAT referral and that should mean I have news this week.

I also wanted to touch base on a quick topic. I recently allowed Ads to be posted on my blog to help generate some revenue for this trip. I have to raise a minimum of $2000.00 for travel and medical expenses, plane tickets arent cheap these days and neither are co-pays and deductibles. I have also added a donate button on the right. I was very skeptical at first, thinking people would judge me for it but I really appreciate just everyone taking there time to read this blog, if you chose to donate, great thank you...if not, I understand. 

I know my disability isn't "life threatening" and I'm not going to die from it tomorrow but I just want everyone to take a moment and realize how dependant they are on their dominant hand and test yourself for just one hour a day by not using it, see how much you really do need it.

Hopefully, I'll be able to blog by the end of this week with good news about Washington!

Fingers Crossed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment